Here at Chiltonic, we are able to provide our clients access to one of the most innovative devices from the Pagani collection – electromagnetic stimulation therapy in the form of Biostim!
What is Electromagnetic Stimulation (EMS)?
Normally our bodies send electrical impulses from our brain through our central nervous system to fire up our muscles. An EMS device like Biostim, allows us to engage in “deep, intense, and complete muscular contractions” without activating or stressing our central nervous system, joints and tendons. EMS therapy creates a mild electrical impulse that stimulate muscle contractions. These contractions, if repeated for a sustained time and at elevated rates of speed, produce the effects of prolonged and hyper-focused exercise, as if thousands of crunches had been performed in 30 minutes. All this repetitive contracting and relaxing of the muscle has the following effects:
- Enhanced Athletic Performance: BioStim™ can be used to enhance athletic performance by strengthening specific muscle groups, improving endurance, and reducing the risk of injury.
- Improved Blood Circulation: BioStim™ can help improve blood circulation, which can aid in the recovery process after an injury and improve overall health and well-being.
- Reduced Fatigue: BioStim™ can reduce muscle fatigue and soreness, making it an effective option for athletes and individuals with active lifestyles.
- Pain Relief: The electromagnetic stimulation used in BioStim™ therapy can help reduce pain and inflammation, making it an effective option for individuals with chronic pain conditions.
- Fat Loss: BioStim™ can reduce levels of abdominal obesity and with regular use, BioStim™ can help reduce the appearance of cellulite, slim the waistline, and tone problem areas. This non-invasive procedure results in maximum action from the muscles and increases muscle mass because it utilizes greater caloric consumption, which in turn causes fat reduction. In short, it burns calories and takes nutrients from fat cells.
Studies confirm the effectiveness of credible EMS devices.
A “retrospective study of patient questionnaires provides important information on aesthetic and functional factors that can contribute to high patient satisfaction” following EMS treatment of the abdomen and/or buttocks.
The study highlighted the effectiveness of this treatment for “body contouring of the abdomen and buttocks from the perspective of patients. Treatment met patients’ expectations on a variety of measures, and high overall satisfaction was accompanied by patients’ perception of aesthetic and functional improvements.”
Will Biostim hurt?
The treatment is painless with some patients describing it as rather pleasant.
Is Biostim the same as Emsculpt?
No. Biostim combines EMS with Drainage. BioStim works off a different principle than EmSculpt which works with a high Hertz (100-200) to produce very hard contractions which can inflame the area. BioStim uses lower Hertz (under 100) combined with Drainage to remove fluid from the area. It’s a more gentle feeling that removes fluid and does not induce an inflammatory response in the treated area.
Are there side effects?
There are no side effects for the vast majority. A very small number of patients reported muscle soreness after a session
How many sessions will be needed?
This all depends on how many areas you would like to focus on. In general, we recommend a pack of 8-10 to get you started.
Contact us and experience the benefits from Biostim therapy!